These delicious caramel apple treats taste very similar to mini apple pies. The quick and simple to make tarts are great for parties, holiday treats and backyard barbeques or just for your family should a worldwide pandemic prevent the previous occasions from taking place 😉
For this recipe, I use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry because it is light, flaky and ready-to-bake. However, feel free to use your favorite brand. So here is all you’ll need for this recipe.
- Puff Pastry
- Jar of caramel sauce
- Whip cream
- Fresh apples – Granny Smith Apples taste great
- Roll out the puff pastry into about 1/3 to ½ inch thickness. Use your favorite cookie cutter shapes and cut the dough into desired shapes. Place on cookie sheet.
- Thinly slice the apples.
- Place sliced apples on top of the dough and lightly sprinkle with sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Top with whipped cream and serve warm.