May 7, 2021
Today, the German parliament approved a bill that allows increased privileges and reduced restrictions for people who have received a full COVID-19 vaccine.
The same rules would apply to those who are fully recovered from COVID, and have the means to prove it.
A new set of rules
According to the bill, the following measures will go into effect on May 9 in Germany.
- Curfew restrictions would no longer apply.
- Meetings attended exclusively by vaccinated or recovered persons would have participant limitation restrictions removed..
- Access to activities like shopping or visiting the hairdresser would be allowed without having to show proof of a negative test.
- People returning to Germany will not have to quarantine
What stays the same?
- Mask and distancing regulations remain in place.
- Hotels, restaurants, bars, and fitness centers will remain closed.
More information can be found in German at https://www.bundesrat.de/DE/plenum/bundesrat-kompakt/21/1004/94b.html?nn=4352768#top-94b
For U.S. government employees, including service members, remember to always follow command regulations, which may be different than host nation or EU policies. More information is available from Ramstein Air Base, USAG Bavaria, USAG Rheinland-Pfalz, USAG Stuttgart, and USAG Wiesbaden.