Ingredients for 4 people:
• 1 whole chicken, cooked, deboned, skin removed, and meat cut in bite size pieces
• 2 liters of chicken broth
• 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1 leek stalk, washed and sliced
• 1 large onion, peeled and fine’, diced
• 3 celery stalks, washed and sliced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground white pepper, or as your taste desires
• 1 16oz package of smaller noodles, such as elbow macaroni, cooked
• 1 tablespoon margarine
In a large pot, heat the margarine. Add the onions and let them get glassy, then add leek, carrots and celery. After 2-3 minutes add broth. Add noodles and chicken. Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes. You have a nice light dinner for a Spring evening. Nice fresh rye bread is a great side dish for this stew.
See you next week!
If you are interested in setting up a cooking class with Klaus, he can be found on facebook at www.facebook.com/CookingWithKlaus or via email at CookingwithKlaus@web.de.
Featured Image Photo Credit: stockoftor/Shutterstock.com