• 100 grams of mushrooms per person
• 1 small onion
• one leek
• a little oil
• ground pepper
• some red wine
FOR THE DIP:
• 1 spoon of crème fraiche
• 1 spoon of mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons of milk
• ground white pepper
• add some chili, if you like it spicy
• Peel the onion and cut it in small dices
• Clean the mushrooms
• Wash the leek and cut it in thin rings
• Chop the parsley
• Cut the baguette
• Cut the garlic in fi ne dices add salt to it and rub the salt into the garlic (do this on a plate, not on your wooden cutting board, otherwise the board will have that garlic smell for a long time …)
• Mix the crème fraiche, garlic and mayonnaise in a bowl, add the milk and the desired amount of spices to it and stir all to get a nice dip and set aside
• On high temperature, heat the oil in a skillet
• Add the mushrooms and roast them on high heat, stirring occasionally so they don’t burn
• Add the onion and the leeks and roast them until they turn a nice brown color, then add some red wine and put a lid on the skillet so the mushrooms will soak with the red wine. The mushrooms will lose a lot of their water, don’t throw that away as this will make a fine sauce. Take the lid off and let most of the juice reduce. Maybe add a bit of garlic to the mushrooms if you like.
• Add salt and ground pepper and parsley to taste
• Put the dip in a nice bowl
• Put the mushrooms in another bowl
• Place the baguette in a basket
• Put all on the table and have your own little fair at home!
Join us again next week!
If you are interested in setting up a cooking class with Klaus, he can be found on facebook at www.facebook.com/CookingWithKlaus or via email at CookingwithKlaus@web.de.
Featured Image Photo Credit: © Iryna Melnyk / Shutterstock.com