Ingredients (for 4 people)
• A bit more than a ½ pound spinach – frozen, whole leaf
• 2-3 small heads of Romaine lettuce, washed leaf by leaf and chopped into 1 inch piece if desired
• 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon mustard – medium hot
• Salt and ground white pepper to taste
• 4 tablespoons oil
• 6 eggs
• 4 tablespoons milk
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
• 4 Tablespoons butter
• Sliced turkey from the deli section – 4-8 slices
• ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
• 4 tablespoons of sour cream
Let spinach come to room temperature. Wash and dry lettuce. Whisk oil with mustard, drip by drip. If the mustard and oil don’t coagulate well to-gether, add a bit of warm water. Season it with salt and ground white pepper. Add white wine vinegar. Beat milk, eggs, ground white pepper, salt and nutmeg together.
Press the spinach to remove all the liquid. Use half of the butter in a pan. Add spinach and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste. Add garlic if you like the flavor. Remove and put in oven to keep warm.
Put the remaining butter in the pan. Add egg and milk mixture on medium heat. The eggs should not get brown. Put a lid on the pan to achieve the appropriate texture. This should look like a pancake made with just milk and eggs. Flip the pancake to cook the top side. Cook 2-3 min-utes on each side. Add turkey breast slices, spinach and sour cream.
Put the lid back on and let it cook for 2 more minutes at medium heat. Fold the ome-lette in half. Divide into four portions. Plate with chopped lettuce and French mustard dressing. This is a low carb recipe for all of those sticking to their New Year’s resolutions!!! Look for more low carb meals in the weeks to follow!
Enjoy your meal!
Featured Image Photo Credit: © jijieforsythe/ Shutterstock.com