Try this quick and easy creamy broccoli soup for a tasty and warming winter treat.
Makes 8 servings
1 1/4 lb. broccoli
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
4 Tbsp. onion, chopped
3 1/2 cups milk
1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp. salt
1. Cook broccoli. Chop and set aside.
2. Melt butter in large, heavy pan. Add mushrooms and onion. Saute until tender.
3. Add flour and stir until bubbly.
4. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Add cheese and stir until smooth. Add remaining milk.
5. Add broccoli and heat thoroughly.