This fall season try this excellent and simple soup recipe to warm you up. It’s a delicious German tomato soup with a Spanish twist!
Ingredients (Serving for four)
- 2 large tomatoes (peel and mince)
- ½ green pepper (diced)
- ½ red pepper (diced)
- 1/4 onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Baguette or White Bread
1. Fry in a medium size pan for approximately 10 minutes the green and red peppers and onions.
2. Add tomatoes and paprika to the pan.
3. Then add basil and bay leaf.
4. Crush the garlic, salt and parsley with a pestle and mortar. Fill the mortar with 2 ounces of water and then stir.
5. Pour the content of the mortar and an additional 15 ounces of water into the pan.
6. Cook at a medium temperature for approximately 20 minutes and stir occasionally.
7. Serve with thin slices of bread.Author Profile: Jamonify is a food blog, an online shop dedicated to the Iberian Acorn fed ham and a specialists in Spanish recipes. Jamonify works with very well-known chefs to develop new combinations of ingredients while experimenting daily with new flavors to bring new gourmet experiences. To discover a luxury gastronomic adventure, follow Jamonify on Twitter, Facebook and Google + . Cover photo by stocksolutions